Monday, July 23, 2007

Award?

The kitchen floor is done. I finished it Saturday, after a very long 12 hours. It looks so much better than the stained smelly carpet. I just don't understand why anyone would want carpet in their kitchen.

Today was weigh in #5 of 8 in the 8 week healthy living program that I'm doing. I'm over half way towards my goal, I'm eating better, I've been exercising. It feels good to feel good.

I found out Saturday that two of my four submissions to the Iowa State Fair photo contest have been chosen for display. There was also a sticker on the form that says "AWARD". I think that means I won something and should go to the award ceremony on August 2nd. I'll let you know what comes of it. Pretty cool.

Alex has been reading the new Harry Potter (I like to call him Hairy Potter) book. When she was gone for a few hours on Sunday, I read about 100 pages of it. That's good shit. I couldn't put it down. My audio CD's of the book come tomorrow. I can't wait. JK Rowling is a fucking genius for sure.

I found out last week that I have to go to Las Vegas in September for a software conference for work. The conference ends on Saturday mid-day, but for some silly reason they think it's cheaper to pay for the hotel two more nights than to fly us home on Saturday. We're not leaving until Monday morning. I'm not really into the gambling or spending money I don't have. I'm thinking I'll try my hand at some night photography. Should be pretty neat with all the lights & motion going on out there.

Abby had fun at camp, so she says. They put her in the wrong cabin, with 11 & 12 yr olds. That's the third time this year she's been fucked like that. First basketball, then softball, now CYC. From now on, I'm going to request specifically that she be put with her age group and spell it out for them.

Have a great week!

Peace-
Matt

No comments: