Tuesday, August 07, 2007

What do they know?




We went to the Iowa State Fair photo contest award ceremony tonight. I got second place in the "Iowa Architecture" class for my library photo above. I got an honorable mention in the Black & White "Places" class for the grain bin photo above. Not too bad I guess. I was hoping that one of my other entries would have made it in too. I thought it was the best photo I submitted. The judges and I have very different tastes though, so I'm not surprised. I don't have a scan of it, or I'd show it to you. In fact, please don't spend too much time looking at the photos I posted above. These are very poor scans of ass kicking traditional black and white prints. The prints are sweet, the scans suck. If you want to see the prints some time, ask me. I love showing off my prints. There is nothing in the photo world better than a traditional black & white contact print, nothing.


Anyway, I did win $75 for my 2nd place. That will pay for an hour or two at the fair this weekend.


Peace-
Matt

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Everywhere we went in Colorado there were shops selling (very expensive) prints by various local photographers. I probably said a dozen times "Matt should be doing this." Even at the farmers markets they were selling prints. You should try it, Matt.