Thursday, April 15, 2010

Wake











I met Maureen McLaughlin sometime around 20 years ago. Maureen was the sort of person who made you feel comfortable and at ease just by being in the same room with her. She had a great big smile that always went clear up through her eyes. Maureen wasn't a bullshitter. When she asked "how are you?", she really did want to know. She was the kindest, most gentle, caring person that I've ever met. Billy was right, only the good die young.
Maureen was married to a great friend and fellow Troutslayer, Brian Smith. She and Brian were perfect together; the epitome of balance. They have two daughters 11 & 6, both as sweet as their mother. If you happen to be the praying type, please say a few for Brian and his girls. They've a long hard road ahead of them.
Lighter notes... Alex had prom last weekend. I was out camping with my two youngest daughters and my sister's boys, but Angie was home to spend time with Alex pre-dance. My nephew, Caleb, made his first communion on Saturday. It was fun to celebrate that with him.

Peace-
Matt

No comments: