Sunday, August 07, 2011

Red Ribbon









It's been 5 years since I last entered photos in the Iowa State Fair photography contest. About two months ago I was in a photo shop and noticed the entry form for this year's contest. I thought "what the heck" and decided to enter.

Today was the photographer's reception and awards ceremony. I won a 2nd place ribbon for the top photo (the boat) and have the bottom photo on display. There were 4,052 photos entered this year. 911 are on exhibit. 222 won ribbons.

Look for them if you're out there this year. Just wanted to brag.

Peace-
Matt

6 comments:

Mandy and Alex said...

Congrats on the award! I've been a huge fan of your photos for a while now.

Mike L said...

Nice job, Matt!

Unknown said...

Love the Photo of the sun through the trees

Unknown said...

I love this photo... well done

Anonymous said...

you are an awesome photographer...excellante

savedbygrace said...

awesome pics!! I too, love the sun light pic!!!