Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Balance

Falling


Husband - Father - Homeowner - Provider - Brother - Friend - Individual

I'm sure there are more, I just can't think. They all overlap somewhat. As Mr. Miyagi taught us, balance is essential for a healthy, happy life. It is difficult too.

Thursday I photographed my sister Kym and her three dogs. Kym's relationship with her dogs is one that I haven't been able to completely understand. I just can't comprehend why/how someone can elevate a pet to such importance in their lives. When I think about balance though, I can see it. In my life, I don't have room on my "scale" for pets. Kym does. Kym doesn't have children, she has dogs. Her life has more balance when she can be a caregiver. When I think about it this way, I do understand.

Friday, Angie and I had another date night. We had dinner at the North End Diner (yummy & cheap) and then did a little Christmas shopping. It's always nice to spend time alone with her. I look forward to more and more of this as time passes by.

Saturday, I spent some time with my brother Tom. Of all my siblings, I'd say that I am closest to my brother. Tom and I are always completely honest with each other. I can't say that about most people in my life. Tom has been having a rough go of it in the past couple weeks. Damn women.

I finally finished the new bathroom Sunday. Yes, I'm completely done. This may be the first time ever that I've completely finished a project at home. I usually get very disinterested towards the end of the project and leave just a few minor details unfinished. Not this time. I worked on the trim both Saturday and Sunday and finished it in the bathroom. I still have to finish the laundry room trim though.

That left no more time for the rest. I feel I shortchanged my children this past week. My balance feels off.

No comments: