Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Thirteen



Had he lived, today would have been Robby's 13th birthday. I went to his grave a couple of days ago. It appears to me that his coffin has caved in. There is a good sized sink hole right above his grave. It does not extend over the graves on either side of him, just his. I can't remember for sure, but I think that when he was buried they put his coffin in a wood box instead of a vault (are those vaults made from concrete or cast iron?). Anyone else remember? I think the wood has rot through and the ground caved in. Anyway, Happy Birthday Robby.


Peace-
Matt

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't remember... just remember what the coffin looked like & that's it. I suppose you could call Glendale & find out & see what they can do about it. I wonder if all the rain made the ground too heavy? I was trying to picture in my mind yesterday what it would look like to see Jordan, Robby & Brandon together... all 3 years apart. I wondered if, at 13, Robby would like playing with Jordan or Brandon more?

MJMiller said...

Angie was out there yesterday and talked to the office. They said they'd have it filled in today. They didn't say why it happened though. I think I know what happened. I noticed a small divot there a few months ago, but thought nothing of it. It's very soft now though. I was afraid to step in it too hard. Had visions of bad things.

That's a thought I haven't had, who he'd play with more. I suppose he'd be right between them, going both directions depending on who he was with. I'm pretty immature, so maybe he'd be too, and prefer to play with his youger cousin.