Sunday, February 10, 2008

40 days




It's another cold day. It was 4 below zero when we woke up this morning. The wind was blowing hard too. I wish I had a nickel for every time I've heard someone say "I'm so sick of winter". I'd have enough to fly to Florida this weekend. Oh, wait a minute, I am ;-)

It was pretty nice for a while yesterday though. I had a chance to get out for a bit. I went down to a favorite spot on the river near Madrid and shot the stuff above. Not my best, but fun nonetheless.

It's Lent now. We were snowed in on Wednesday, so had to postpone the annual ash marking to today. I like Lent. I wait for it. I like to have the opportunity for renewal. I take it serious every year, for the most part. This year is no exception. I feel good about it so far.

This Saturday is the Red Flannel Run. Please pray that it will be fairly warm for us. If it's like it was this morning, I might puss out.

Have a great week-
Matt

No comments: