Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Back to Reality






Florida was awesome. What a great gift. It was in the 80's, low humidity, lots of sun, slight breeze - perfect. I didn't want to leave. I stayed outside as much as possible. I should have slept out there. The warm fresh air does wonders. It sure was nice to escape winter for a couple of days, roam around with my camera, smoke cigars without wearing gloves, and to visit with my in-laws. I wish Angie could go now. Winter is making her nuts too. Isn't it everyone?


The trip back was sure a pain in the butt though. Engine problems, emergency landing, waiting for a new plane, refueling problems, seating problems, scary pilot, 12 hour trip back. I hate flying, but always seem to forget why.



We woke up this morning to Madeline puking and pooping. Angie had to be on the phones today, so I stayed home with Madeline until Alex got out of school at noon. When I left for work she was back to herself, dancing around in her new dress.



The run last Saturday was fun. The weather was really not an issue. It was sunny, which helped. I overdressed for it and was pretty hot towards the end. We finished in 31 minutes, which is normal for me. I'm looking forward to a few more runs this year.



Peace-
Matt

No comments: