Sunday, July 06, 2008

Tired


We picked Abby up from camp on Friday. She had a fantastic time, thank goodness. She was telling us camp stories all day Friday.

Alex is off with a friend to the Wisconsin Dells area. Her friend's mom (a local kindergarten teacher) and little brother are along for the trip as well. I admit it's nice being short a kid for another week.

Happy Birthday Maureen. I hear it's a big one.

I spent a few hours today taking photos in the sheet metal shop where I work. I've wanted to bring my camera there for quite some time. There are so many photos everywhere. It's a goldmine, at least in the way that I see. I shot only film. 5x7 sheet film. I might bring the digital someday, but film feels so right for this project. I can't wait to get back there for more.

I don't take a lot of photos with people in them. Everytime I do, I feel very uncomfortable and inadequate with it. I was unhappy with every single photo I took for the church directory. I have a serious problem connecting with people and I feel it shows in my photos of them. I don't know what to do about it. I get a few requests now and then to take photos for/of people. I get so nervous and anxious doing it. The results show this. The artificial light/flash, the posing, the communication & connection; I'm just no good at any of it. The more I do it, the better it will get, I know. It's something I really need to work on, but just don't want to.


Do you ever get tired of being tired?

Peace-
Matt

No comments: