Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Sevens



I can feel the holiday mood creeping up in me. Yesterday, I heard Christmas songs on the radio for the first time this year. The kids have started their Christmas lists. Advent begins in about 10 days. We've begun shopping. This year we'll be getting our first real tree. Angie and I haven't had real Christmas trees since we were children. We're looking forward to it.

I have spoiled my children. Last night I was told "You never buy me anything". I'm a mean prick. I won't buy her a car for Christmas. I want her to get a job. How can I live with myself.

Fried my first turkey on Saturday. With Scot's help, it went very well. We didn't catch anything on fire and it turned out delicious. The garage still smells like a fast food kitchen though.

My brother George and I are headed to a KC Chiefs game this Sunday. They're 1-9 this year. They've lost 6 in a row I think. They're due for a good game and a big win. I'm glad we'll be there to see it. Should be a fun time.

I've been having knee pain every time I run lately. I'm not going to make my 500 mile goal. Oh well. I think I'll take up bike riding for next year?

Peace-
Matt
PS - Read your kid's text messages. It can be very enlightening to say the least.





No comments: