Monday, February 16, 2009

Ninety









Two of my sisters, my brother, my mother, and I took a quick trip to Kansas this past weekend to visit my Great Aunt Dorothy and to celebrate her 90th birthday. 90 is quite an accomplishment. I'll quit bitching about being 40 now.

We got to see my Uncle Nate while we were out there. We don't often get to see family on our Mom's side. It's always very cool.

I wish people around here would stop spoiling their kids rotten. It's making it harder for me, because I refuse to do it.

Where's my stimulus check?

Peace-
Matt

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, 90 is a giant feat. Most will probably never live to see that birthday, some will be so lucky, of course, with God's grace. Nate is like an old photo that you rarely see and sometimes forget about. Everytime you see him/it again, he/it brings a smile to your face and happiness to your heart. I guess the difference is, photos sometimes fade and character usually doesn't. Nate is full of character and will always be amussing, interesting and fun to be around. Your kids will be happy you didn't spoil them when they grow up. Spoiling them makes them more dependent on you and less dependent on themselves in adulthood. No offense to Mom and Dad or the rest of the family, but when you have everyone doing things for you, you forget about getting things done by yourself. I think it's great that you refuse to spoil your kids. There's not enough of that these days. Everyone wants to give their kids what they didn't have growing up, forgetting that what they didn't have growing up, made them who they are today...which are great parents. Brother Tom