Sunday, February 01, 2009

Sweet Sixteen





Last night, Alex went to the Winter Formal dance with her friends. I don't understand why they wear skimpy dresses at Winter Formal and long dresses at Prom. What do I know.

Alex turned 16 this week. I took her to get her driver's license on her birthday. That's all she wants to do now. She keeps asking about getting a car. I haven't found anything for her yet. To be honest, I'm not really looking that hard though. I don't want her to have a car. I like knowing exactly where she is all the time. I'm not ready to give that up yet. Maybe I should get her a phone with GPS built in, so I can keep tabs on her. Or maybe I should give her some of the freedom that she so desperately wants?

Friday night, I went with the Troutslayers to the Ron White show in Ames. One of the guys brought some bootleg Templeton Rye whiskey. This stuff was very smooth. Went down like iced tea. Before I knew it, it was too late. I'm not doing that again.

January has been a long month. I'm glad to see February come. Angie and I are going to Florida for a long weekend at the end of this month. We are ready to get away.

Have a great week.

Peace-
Matt

No comments: