Monday, January 15, 2007

Just passing time

Cleaning the Garage

The medium of photography can record not only what the eyes see, but that which the mind's eye sees as well. The camera is not only an extension of the eye, but of the brain. It can see sharper, farther, nearer, slower, faster than the eye. It can see by invisible light. It can see in the past, present, and future. Instead of using the camera only to reproduce objects, I wanted to use it to make what is invisible to the eye, visible. -Wynn Bullock



Taking a bath


I've always wanted to do a series of photographs that depict time passing. This all started from a photograph that I took a few years back of Alex doing dishes. It was something like a 2 minute exposure, I can't remember for sure. Alex was moving the whole time, so you can't really see her, but you can see evidence of time passing. I have lots of ideas for this series, and am excited about it. These are a couple of my first meager attempts. Tests really, but fun nonetheless.

No comments: