Friday, June 29, 2007

Garage Sale





It's been another week already. Summer is going by fast.

I spent part of last weekend and some of this week getting a few prints ready for entry into the Iowa State Fair photography contest. I am entering four prints this year (the max is four). Three are hand printed traditional black & white prints. The fourth is a digital capture, printed by Adorama (http://www.adoramapix.com/). I had them print it on Kodak Endura paper. I've never used the paper, but it is fabulous. It gives the images a slight metallic look. Very cool. Adorama does a great job printing digital files, if you're into that. Much better than I can do at home. Sometimes they're cheap too. They were running a special earlier this week for 4x6's for $.10 each. I uploaded 113 of them and paid something like $16 for 113 4x6 prints. And they're all printed well. I will try to get the fair prints scanned, so that you can see what I'm entering. They're due this weekend, but it will be a few weeks before I find out if I win anything. They always have thousands of entries, so the competition is tough. Wish me luck.

Cambridge is having the city wide garage sale tomorrow. Angie has been getting that ready all week. It looks like a lot of work. Madeline and I made muffins and brownies tonight, for Madeline to sell to shopper tomorrow.

Alex has two more softball games left next week, and that's done.

The baby birds are growing fast and should be flying soon.

We are going to a wedding in Illinois next weekend. The flower girl from our wedding is getting married. Makes us feel old.

Have a great weekend,

Peace-
Matt

No comments: