Saturday, June 23, 2007




Wow, I can't believe it's been a week already since I last posted. A lot has happened in a week.

A friend of the family passed away last week. I remember the first time I met Phil Kellogg. I had just started dating Angie and was going over to Phil's house to meet him for the first time. It was dark out and everyone was out on the back deck. I walked right through his screen door and broke it. I was so embarassed. Phil was a great man and will be missed by many.

My godson, Jack Wicker and his twin sister Sarah turned 4 this week. I went to Wicker's house for a birthday party on Tuesday night. I had to go solo because Abby & Madeline were at vacation bible school, Alex was at Catholic Youth Camp for the week, and Angie was at Phil's visitation service.

Abby & Madeline had vacation bible school at our church Monday through Thursday nights. They had a lot of fun. I went over on Thursday to watch them sing their songs. Very cute.

I picked Alex up from camp yesterday. The new addition at the center is great. I hope they take care of it. The fall after Robby died, Angie & I & some close friends and family went up to the center and built a swingset in memory of Robby. We put a little sign on it with his name and dates. Angie bought a new sign to replace the old one, as it was getting pretty bad. I replaced it yesterday when I picked Alex up. That's what you see above.

The longest day of 2007 took place this week. It's summer now I guess.

I took a walk last night. The sky was amazing. It was about 8:30 at night. It was lightly sprinkling. The low sun and thin storm clouds made the whole land glow in yellow light. The sky to the southeast was violet, and there was a big bright rainbow. I couldn't believe how beautiful it was. I watch the sky a lot, and this was one of the best I've seen.

Tomorrow is Father Mike's last mass with us. I get to lector, which is cool. We have a church picnic tomorrow afternoon to say goodbye to him.

Talk to you later.

Peace-
Matt

No comments: