Sunday, August 19, 2012

Proud


Angie and I went to the Journey concert at the fair last night. It was fun to get out with her. I usually don’t care for the fair all that much. It was a good time last night though. Loverboy opened. Not my cup of tea. Pat Benetar was next. She was pretty good. Her husband is her guitar player. They had a lot of chemistry together and put on a good show. Journey was the main act. I thought that they were terrible. We left the show early and got some fair food, which was awesome.

I sold the camper on Saturday. I need all the cash I can get to replace the van before winter. The gas mileage is killing me and the van seems to be dying more each day. Selling the camper really sucked though. Someday I will own another.

It’s always super cool, as a parent, to see your children mature in front of your eyes. Abby, who will be 16 next month, has really impressed me lately. There’s been some drama at school, and Abby has been showing great character by doing the right thing, despite extensive pressure from a few “friends”, and even a couple of their parents, to do the opposite. Abby has decided to forgive a fellow classmate for some horrible things she said and start over with her. A few of Abby’s friends and a couple of their mothers are furious at Abby for even talking to this girl. It’s insane. I’m so proud of Abby!

Peace-
Matt

No comments: