Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Virus



The third annual camp out with the Troutslayers was last weekend. I'm still feeling the effects. I had a lot of fun, as usual, but I went in with the beginnings of a cold and came out with what feels like pneumonia. I went down on Thursday afternoon. It was fairly warm. It was nice on Friday too. Friday night it rained and Saturday it was rainy all day and never over 40 degrees. The cold weather and all of the smoke (many cigars, campfire, ribs in the smoker) put a hurt on my lungs. I'm still coughing up shit. Was it worth it? You bet it was. Cold rainy camping with friends, good food, beer, & cigars beats working any day.




I went down a day early to get some alone time. Damn I needed that. I'd like to do that more often.


I took the day off Monday too. I went to the Apple Orchard/Pumkin Patch with Madeline's preschool class and hung out with her all day. It was great being four for a day. That felt more like vacation than the camping did. I'll try to get a few of the orchard photos posted soon.


Angie wants to go to a costume party at the local bar this Saturday. I'm not looking forward to it at all, but if she wants to go, I must accompany her. I really think I have some sort of social disorder. When I was younger I enjoyed hanging out in crowds and socializing. As I age, I've become more and more withdrawn. I get stressed out when I have to go to parties and socialize. I don't small talk well at all and avoid it as much as I can. For this same reason, I don't take customers to lunch or chat over the fence with my neighbors. Angie thinks I hate people. Maybe I do, but I can't help it.


Alex is addicted to instant messaging. She can sit there for hours and chat with her friends. Well, some time in the past few days, she's picked up a virus through MSN. I think she clicked on something without knowing what it was. A BIG NO NO. The virus is buried deep in the hard drive and may have infected the other two computers we have connected in our home network. Our internet provider told us that some hacker is using our IP address to send out spam. FUCK! Angie is taking two of the computers in to her company's computer guy (move!) today to see what he can do. Alex claims that a few of her friends got infected the same way. I told her no more MSN. She's taking it pretty hard.

No comments: