Tuesday, October 17, 2006

What if


Today is Robby's 12th birthday. I often wonder what it would be like to father a son. I'm not sure I'd be cut out for it. Girls are different, harder is some respects, but easier in others. My personality is more suited to living with females. I think God knew that ahead of time.

Is Robby 12 in heaven or still a baby? Maybe there is no age. What's his body look like now? Is it completely rotted away to just the skeleton, or does it take longer than 11 years and 7 months? I guess I'll find out someday. I remember when they buried him. We didn't pay for the big iron vault (is that what they're made from?). They just put his little blue gingham casket into a pine box in the ground.

Every now and then I'll find myself studying a boy that would be Robby's age. Sure are lot's of what if's in life.

The boss asked me today "So you'll be here tomorrow?". I said "Yeah". He said "But not Thursday or Friday right". I said "Monday too". Cool, he thinks I'm off all day Thursday. Fine with me. I'm ready for a few days away. I hope the weather cooperates.

No comments: