Friday, March 02, 2007

Blizzard


Every time we've had a blast of winter weather in the past few weeks, I keep thinking it's the last one of the season. It's got to end soon, doesn't it?

We've had blizzard conditions for the past 24 hours. We've had snow and winds around 30-50mph. I played dumbshit this morning and actually drove in to work. There were periods where I could not see anything in front of me. I took it very slow, and made it there and then back home. There were lots and lots of cars in the ditches along the way. Thank God I didn't end up one of them.

Angie and I had plans to meet another couple at a condo at Lake Panorama for a quiet weekend away from home (the kids). We've been doing it every year for a long time. We usually go around Valentine's Day. We planned to go for two nights this year, tonight and tomorrow night. The stupid weather has us socked in at home though. It's supposed to be better tomorrow. We need the time away, so I pray that it is.

The girls had Monday off of school because of last weekend's snowstorm. They had yesterday and today off because of this snowstorm. They are really getting on each others nerves. We all have cabin fever bad. COME ON SPRING!!!

The long skinny photo posted above is actually a stiching of nine photos I made of our yard today. I took the photos during a brief break in the weather. If you click on it, you should be able to see a much larger version. On the left you can see the fence that our neighbor crashed through last weekend. Then you'll see the trees laying on our car, camper, and shed. Then you'll see Abby's basketball hoop, the snowy driveway, our house and garage, a pile of downed branches, and the main drag in town. This is the first time I've used the stiching software that came with my little camera. It worked slick. Expect some more of these from me.



full moon and snow, shot through the back window

Peace-
Matt





2 comments:

Lizzie said...

I was doing a little blog surfing when I came across your page. Just wanted to let you know I enjoyed looking at the pictures, especially the ones of the sunrise and of the snow. Nice work!

Lizzie said...

Thanks for stopping by my page. Yes, I wrote that poem. And I'm sorry to hear about your son...must have been the hardest thing in the world. But thank you for you your comment, it's nice to know when my writing has an affect on someone. Take care!