Sunday, March 25, 2007

Five Days




Only five days left until my fishing trip. Boy am I ready to go!

Not much new to report here. Spring break is over, and the girls head back to school tomorrow. We are all glad about that. They'll get their real spring break in a few weeks when we go to Florida.

The weather here has been typical spring weather. Sun, rain, wind. We slept with the windows open last night, first time this year. Damn I love that. It's nice having the birds wake you up in the morning instead of a buzzer. It was 82 degrees here today.


I tilled the garden up today. We've never done much gardeing until the past couple of years. Every year we enjoy it more. Must be our age. We're excited about it this year again. We'll plant lots of cucumbers (for Scot's "Wickles"), some peppers, tomatoes,& brocolli. I want to try pumpkins and lettuce this year too. We planted some sugar snap peas last fall. They are supposed to be able to take the cold weather pretty good. October was very cold though, below zero, and wiped them out. I thought about planting them again this spring, but I might pass this year. We should have strawberries again too. They are popping up already. The tulips are a few inches high as well. Spring is sweet.



I've been listening to "Walden" by Thoreau, on CD, in the car back and forth to work. What a wise man he was. His words really speak to me.

I'm sure this week will seem like two, since the fishing trip starts at the end.

Peace-
Matt




No comments: