Friday, January 25, 2008

Kidney for Sale

I received a heck of a birthday gift from my father in law. He took pity on me and my winter woes, and bought me a round trip ticket to Florida for 3 days of warm air and photography. Wow, what a nice surprise. I fly down on 2/16 and back on 2/19. Thank you Vince & Marie!

Angie and I met, this morning, with Abby's principal and school counselor. It was a good meeting. Her counselor was prepared and has a good plan set in motion to help us, Abby, and her teacher all get along. I have faith that things will improve from here.

When I drove to work Thursday, the temp in the van read -24 deg F. It's supposed to be in the 30's (above zero) tomorrow, and maybe hit the 40's on Sunday. Sweet.

Alex has her first formal dance at school tomorrow night. I don't remember going to dances when I was a freshman. Things sure have changed. She had over 3500 text messages last month. I remember actually talking to my friends when I was her age. She texts instead of calling. They all do.

We got the Maxima into the shop. As I suspected, it was the injectors. They replaced all of the injectors seals, but it now is missing. They think it may be a bad injector. It's still in the shop, so we're down to one car for the weekend. I'm guessing it will cost just under a grand. I guess I don't need both kidneys.

I still haven't taken the van in for an estimate on the front bumper. Right now I've got some gorilla tape holding it together. Classy, I know.

My brother in law, George, and I are going to run in the Red Flannel Run in downtown Des Moines in a couple of weeks. We're doing the 3 mile run. It will be my first official run. Should be a good time, especially if it's above zero.

Peace-
Matt

No comments: